Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Continued lack of consumer credit...er, what?

Imagine my surprise to learn this evening that there is a lack of consumer credit, and this lack of consumer credit means that Chrysler LLC is taking at least a month off. My surprise is a result of the seemingly endless stream of credit card offers I receive, along with assurances from my credit union (the best in the world, for my money) that auto loans are available for as low as 3.75% APR.

So, which is it? Continued lack of consumer credit, or continued consumer apathy about Chrysler vehicles?

Are people with decent credit ratings now being shown the door? Really?

I'd really appreciate it if someone would do a credible study to determine exactly WHO can't get credit in this environment, because I live in such an insular community that I don't know anyone in that condition.

No comments: