Monday, March 28, 2022

A brisk day

I got going a little later this morning then planned. It was 33° Fahrenheit when I rolled out of the driveway this morning. It got a little warmer as the day wore on, and I headed a little bit further south. So from 33° I got up to the upper 50s before the sun went down. The wind picked up quite a bit out here on the beach at Corolla.

The national park unit at Fort Monroe was closed today which I didn't know when I left the house, so I was unable to get a stamp. I did get one at York River, and I got one at Fort Story. I think today was the first time I've ever been on the base at Fort Story.
I saw someone in a rented box truck today who had the nozzle for a fuel dispenser lodged in the receptacle of the van, with the hose all the way to the breakaway fitting dragging behind. I motioned for the driver but he didn't understand or didn't care. I saw other vehicles also go up to tell him what was going on and that had no effect either. Very odd.
It's pretty quiet out here on the Outer Banks. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get anything for dinner, since this is the shoulder season. But I was able to get a nice meal at the local bar and restaurant.
Tomorrow is my own version of island hopping, as I head farther south.

No comments: